Thursday 20 December 2012

Perrin Technique Videos

I thought that I would upload the videos from youtube explaining the Perrin Technique from Dr Perrin himself. There's 6 in total and I feel that he "dumbs it down" enough for us without a scientific background to understand. I've put them all here because people seem to check my blog out mostly for the Perrin-y stuff. 

I used these videos to help make the decision about whether I wanted to try the treatment or not. After watching and learning more about his technique and the symptoms that my body presents without me realising it, such as the back issue, the bubbly nodules near my chest (don't be disheartened by the way, I didn't notice them until he pointed them out to me in my assessment!). I up until my assessment from Dr Perrin believed that I could have something else; that my diagnosis was wrong as nobody understood this illness. When I got home from my assessment, I cried. He'd shown me everything that was wrong with my body and explained it and tied it to my MECFS. I cried because that diagnosis I'd had a year ago meant nothing to me... this diagnosis seemed real and finally; I knew what I had. 

I cried because this is a horrible illness. I cried because I might not get better, this wasn't a cure. I cried because this treatment is expensive. I cried because someone finally understood what was happening to my body, more so than I did. I cried because someone had offered me a helping hand when it was really really dark and unsteady out there for me. I cried because I finally had hope that I might just get better.

One day I'll do a full rundown of the assessment and what Dr Perrin said to me, but I'm a little drained already from the past two posts and I have to go and make breakfast/dinner (pancakes!) before work... then work... then come home and eat some more. :p

Here's all 6 videos, I take absolutely no credit. All Hail Dr Perrin etc. You probably want to make them fullscreen, they're small :)







All videos uploaded to Youtube by thepointofhealth. Just putting it out there for more to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment